Thursday, December 21, 2017

Fire Five

Fire Five
by Jane Hillson Aiello
5/25/2017

Fire took my neighborhood
But left a house for me
And though I had a place to live
My heart yearned to be free

Fire took my friends’ abodes
Houses turned to ash
And though my house was standing
Still – I wanted a new path

Fire took my life purview
Of want and things and stuff
And though ‘twas hard to let it go
I knew I’d have enough

Marriage done and children grown
Fire roared “go it alone”
Sold the house, family treasures
Fire whispered “go find new pleasures”

Fire took part of my soul
Singed me to the core
Though embers of the life I loved
Burn in me evermore


No comments:

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...