Thursday, December 21, 2017

Santa Fe - Here I come!



Santa Fe - Here I Come


Two weeks from today will find me driving south on I25 from south suburban Denver to Santa Fe, New Mexico.  I have rented a casita* - and will endeavor to sequester myself for a month of writing.  By nature I am a procrastinator, so if I stay where I am, I will likely never finish this writing project that has been in my heart, and my mind.  Just not on paper.  Well, that's not really true.  I have written about a dozen pieces for what will hopefully morph into a book.  But I need at least three dozen more.

What does sequester mean to me?  Here is my utopian vision:

  • Wake up early and write
  • Have a cup of coffee and write
  • Eat breakfast and write
  • Write, write, write.
  • Ass in chair, pen in hand
  • Write, write, write
In actuality this is more my style:
  • Wake up, check phone for social media opium
  • Go to gym
  • Visit a museum
  • Try to write
Only time will tell if a change of scenery will be the missing muse of my motivation!

Friends and family - I implore you to help me out.  Don't call me!  Don't start a WWF game with me!  Help me be successful in this important attempt to define myself as a writer.

Please do tell me your favorite spots in Santa Fe and surrounding areas for food, adventure and experiences,  I will need to hike, be in nature and see art to keep the creativity going.  If you see a poem or essay that has you thinking of me - send it.  I'll need all the help, love and positivity of my tribe to keep me going.

Time to write,

Jane

* Casita - a small house







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane, Much peace and serenity on your path to Santa Fe. My name is Bonnie, I live in California, and know your cousin Linda since 1974. She speaks so highly of you and all that you have accomplished. Good luck with your writing. Bonnie

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...