Tuesday, December 26, 2017

One Week Away

One week until I head south for about a six hour drive to my rented casita in Santa Fe.  Disbelief and excitement run concurrently in my head.  Am I really dong this?  I AM really doing this.  The temperature in Centennial Co is a cool 16 degrees today.  Santa Fe is sitting right around 50 degrees.  This validates my choice, though weather is fickle and only Mother Nature has control.

I'm readying my necessities; books and blank journals. Pens and thumb drives.  Hiking boots and a zafu.  Medicine, vitamins, and skin care.  No make-up.  I don't even own mascara!  Some favorite teas, coffee and snacks.  I'm an over-packer, and I must be careful not to let the idea of thirty days away get the best of me.  It has to fit in my car, preferably the  trunk.  And I need to leave some room for Santa Fe goodies to bring back.

Many friends have requested a last visit with me, but it is impossible to honor them all in such a short time.  Plus, I don't feel like venturing out in this cold air. Tomorrow I will travel to NoCo to see my son and his family.  I do need that little man hug from my grandson.  Enough affection from a two year old to last for about six weeks, all told.  I'll also see a good friend that I met about 3.5 years ago, when I gave living in Fort Collins a go.

For now, I'll keep writing!  Transposing from my nearly illegible notebooks into this laptop.  Affording each piece an initial edit as I type.  It is interesting to read what I've written over this past year.  Some of it is good, and some of it is garbage.  All of it is mine.

Time to write,

Jane




No comments:

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...