Thursday, April 16, 2020

Almost One




If you popped over here from Facebook - thank you!  I couldn't format on that platform and this short piece has a message  - a hint if you will - to the subject matter of the poem. 


Almost One




...but still I have this
Dilemma.  Where is the box
Big enough to hold my grief

How do I seek
Nepenthe.  Magic potion
Elixir.  Cocktail of
Altered consciousness

Where is relief
Easing of heartache
Soothing of pain
Smoothness of emotion

Schoolchildren should never be
Concerned with two things
Being hungry and being shot
Moms raise babies.  Not targets

…but still I have this quandary
Where is the box to
Banish bereavement
Expel maternal anxiety













No comments:

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...