Wednesday, October 16, 2019

River

River


by Jane Hillson Aiello
January 2019



I have not stood in a river | alone
Waders snugging | hips
Sunshine | rippling eddies
Blue sky | endless vista

I have never felt the current
The rush | water 
Caressing calves | though I know
In my bones | cool | stillness 

I sat ashore | rock | sandbar
Notebook in hand | observing
Writing | not experiencing
Swirl | meditation of nature | flow

Now | curious | my time
To leave the shore | safety | fears
Submerse | water | brackish
Stream of life | awakening

I have not stood in a river | alone
The lure | appealing
Letting go of rocks | hardness
Allow | movement | drift


No comments:

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...