Saturday, October 13, 2018

Fire Five


Fire Five

By Jane Hillson Aiello

June 2017



Fire took my neighborhood
But left a house for me
And though I had a place to live
My heart yearned to be free

Fire took my friends’ abodes
Houses turned to ash
And though my house was standing
Still… I wanted a new path

Fire took my life purview
Of want and need and stuff
And though ‘twas hard to let it go
I knew I’d have enough

Marriage done and children grown
Fire roared - go it alone
Sold my house, family treasures
Fire whispered - find new pleasures

Fire took part of my soul
Singed me to the core
Yet embers of the life I loved
Live in me evermore

No comments:

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...