Friday, March 16, 2018

Adobe Skin

A poetic reflection on my writing time in Santa Fe earlier this year:



Adobe Skin 

My rough, calloused palm caresses the smooth roundness
This wall is slick and blemish-free. Sensual
Like the swollen belly of a pregnant woman

This body-hugging adobe pod
Filled with feminine energy
Transforms the harsh desert sand
Into a soft maternal membrane 

These casita walls are my external womb
They sing to me, call my name
Soothe me into production
Nurture my infantile creativity

Hold me tightly in the safety of your skin
Let my tears flow, my joy awaken
Let my pen press, my imagination abound

Be my talent and my tenaciousness
Be my lightning and my rain
Be my muse, my mantra, my mother



No comments:

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...