Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Turn the Gun

Here's the deal
How I feel
I don't care
If you grew up
rough, tough
Homeless
Privileged
'Burbs or barrio
City boy
Country mouse
Small apartment
Big ol' house
Fatherless
Motherless
Educated
Or berated
Here's the deal
How I feel
Work a job
Get a life
Straighten up
Deal with strife
Work some steps
Clean your act
Drop the pipe
Face the facts
Children born
Stick around
Plant your feet
Upon the ground
Abandon thugdom
Walk the line
Grow up 'fucker
Now's the time
Here's the deal
How I feel
I don't care
About you
Leave alone
Those in blue
They protect
You infect
They encroach
You're a roach
They are selfless
You are selfish
The time has come
Turn the gun
Time's a thief
For you?
No grief





No comments:

Primavera Falso

I wrote this poem in the spring of 2019.  I remember it today as I wake up to the lightest dusting and cloudy skies.   Primavera Falso Green...